The Ocate Cliffs program is seeking 1-3 residential staff persons.
Location: Ocate Cliffs, Ocate NM
Dates: Summer 2017 (exact dates negotiable)
Duties: Work about half time (negotiable), on some or all of the following:
- Host visitors and retreat groups, providing food, accommodations, and work supervision.
- Household chores, other labor.
- Administrative tasks such as phone/email outreach, newsletters.
- Create training materials and operations practices.
- Listen and provide emotional support to guests and other staff.
- Contribute to group cohesion and building an autistic culture through games, discussion and other activities.
Pay: Pay depends on experience, and includes food and housing.
Qualifications: You must have a desire to fulfill the mission of Ocate Cliffs. You must be at least 18, and eligible to work in the US. Preference given to those with disability advocacy or related experience, and those with experience in some of the duties listed above. Training is part of the experience.
Benefits and challenges: You will be part of the founding crew of a whole new experiment. This is a beautiful and remote location with few people around a lot of the time during our early years, so it could be lonely, but also relationships can be deeper under those circumstances. You may be able to stay on year round, but it will be snowed in for part of the winter. The site is not yet accessible to mobility devices.
To apply, please see contact information here. Position remains open until filled.
Also see this Printable job announcement